This JS video spoke to me

Welcome to Siddharth, Mae, Bao-An, Ryan, Sitra, Hoyong, and Janet, who meet Mondays and Wednesdays, (but no class on January 21st ) in January of 2019 at Collin College, the courtyard campus to learn how to READ JavaScript code -- plus we learn some programming. JavaScript forms the basic Language of the web; it's the glue between the HTML and CSS actions that form the Transformation in a browser or API call.
janb

This JS video spoke to me

Post by janb » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:56 pm

After cruising YouTube for an hour or so, I saw all manner of JavaScript videos - ones that were for advanced folks, some were condescending, others sooooo dry, others amateurish. If I couldn't watch it for more than 5 minutes that was a clue.

The one video that I DID watch to the end was "Learn JavaScript in 12 Minutes" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukg_U3CnJWI
This video took the basics of JS and distilled it into 12 minutes. Clear and to the point. At this stage of the class, it was the perfect intro for the basics of JS. It helps, though, to know a bit of coding to understand this video.

Jan

siddaggarwal

Re: This JS video spoke to me

Post by siddaggarwal » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:31 pm

thx