book reading

Here is where Eric, Lu, Ruchi, Preston, Srinivas, Holli, Ruchi, Shilpa, and James come together learn about a very overlooked (complex) web development structure. CSS is a collection of code statements that direct the visual and functional response of a website. It formats and specifies the (magical) transformation that occur in the web browser. Over the past few years it has defined the specifications that direct both the HTML and JavaScript inside this browser; that is, it influences much more than just visually (as it use to). Therefore it's absolutely necessary to understand the syntax of CSS to fully control what gets presented on the web. CSS has a one line, simple, and direct syntax; but, what's inside each of a simple top-level items (there are three of them) control thousands of design choices for your websites.
lhan5

book reading

Post by lhan5 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi Mr. James,
Reading my book now, yet so sorry to tell everyone that I won't be able to make it to class tonight...
No one is there to pick up an uncle of mine from the airport, I have to go, he is flying in from China.
Customs and all that will take longer, and it's probably delayed.
But I will keep reading the book at the mean time, see you all next week!
thank you,
Lu

james

Re: book reading

Post by james » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:53 am

China? He came in from China? Wow .... is this his first time here in the states? I bet he has lots of stories to tell... I think it would be interesting to ask him what the Internet is like in China. Or do you know? That is so interesting.

As to the reading.... don't worry about Chapter 6 and 7. We covered that tonight... or ... Friday night.... Just keep reading.. from there ... rather... speed read...

ALSO,

AS YOU SURF the web look out for cool, neat, bad, or really BAD websites and copy the URL and post it here so we can see it ... tell us whats wrong with it ... or whats correct about it .... KEEP a look out for odd or good websites.... and why.

I'll send out an email this weekend to everyone about what we covered and the next assignments.

1) Read the text for stuff you don't know and BRING your questions to class about what you have interest in. DON'T mess with the little details.... ENJOY the general theory.

2) Post to this forum some good or bad websites.

OK, thanks for contacting me before class.... I hope your visitor enjoys his visit.

James

8-)