Helen's Intro

JavaScript Programming is the glue that holds together the HTML 5 and the CSS 3. These two technologies have been designed with "hooks" for the JavaScript Framework to connect to and exchange data. JavaScript is a Simple, Easy, straight-forward Language. Although it's original purpose was much simpler than it has grown to be; it is HIGHLY supported with transpilers, frameworks, library plugins, and a HUGE amount of API's. These extra Languages and Frameworks get Transpiled (TypeScript) into good old fashioned JavaScript (vs. ES5).
Taylor

Helen's Intro

Post by Taylor » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:09 am

Why am I here? What do I want?

I am here to learn how to use JavaScript. I'm an aspiring web designer. What I want is the same as why I'm here. I learn better in a classroom setting

norwaybrowns

Re: Helen's Intro

Post by norwaybrowns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:44 pm

Helen, you've taken some other courses at Collin College already. Which ones? Which ones would you say have been very useful so far? Have you taken any others that weren't offered at Collin College?

james

Post by james » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:36 pm

Well, one BIG help is using youTube as a second classroom. Yet, it also depends... sitting down to watch technical videos doesn't' work for me; oh, yeah, I can watch a video on "the lost treasures of the Pyramids", "Matchbox restoration", or "Top 10 ways the government screws us over"... but usually, I put the technical videos on in the background.

Classes are good also; meet people that like what they do and share ideas.

shoffman3

Post by shoffman3 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:23 pm

A classroom setting does has it advantages. Everyone learns differently and its best to do what helps you the most. Did you take an online only class before and found it harder than being in a classroom?

Brian

Post by Brian » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:33 am

I think when one takes a class they get a totally new experience. Yet, there are hours and hours of research ya` do on your own; but, sometime, there should be some kind of public instruction. The real work is done on your own -- on your own projects. BUT, a classroom environment can be a GREAT addition to learning.

just saying....