Anyone familiar with WordPress?

JavaScript Programming is the glue that holds together the HTML 5 and the CSS 3. These two technologies have been designed with "hooks" for the JavaScript Framework to connect to and exchange data. JavaScript is a Simple, Easy, straight-forward Language. Although it's original purpose was much simpler than it has grown to be; it is HIGHLY supported with transpilers, frameworks, library plugins, and a HUGE amount of API's. These extra Languages and Frameworks get Transpiled (TypeScript) into good old fashioned JavaScript (vs. ES5).
norwaybrowns

Anyone familiar with WordPress?

Post by norwaybrowns » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Hey, is anyone very familiar with WordPress? I want to customize WAY more than their simple "theme" layouts let me. How do we access the HTML?

Seungmok

Re: Anyone familiar with WordPress?

Post by Seungmok » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi, I am also studying Word Press. You mean PHP classic coding?

james

Re: Anyone familiar with WordPress?

Post by james » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:22 am

Hay....

OK, wordpress is a Content Management System (CMS); you knew that, I am sure. It's a program written in PHP that sits on the server that handles your content and all the fancy stuff. It builds the pages when a request comes to see the page. But Wordpress is kind of clunky ... it''s not so easy to get the design you need.

You don't mess with HTML ... EVER ... (I know that's weird .... but it is still important to understand how a website is constructed).

You need a visual builder... ONE of the best one's out there is Elementor:

https://elementor.com/

It''s a plugin that you can directly install from your Wordpress Dashboard. Its FREE. I installed it myself last week and I have been learning it myself.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO TAKE A COURSE IN WORDPRESS JUST TO GET A HEAD START....

But, remember.... the most important part of a website is CONTENT.... so get your content together and then you can concern yourself on how it's presented.
:)

'