postman utility from a job post off of craig's list on the first day

A theoretical and practical survey of advanced concepts and practices in current JavaScript technology using Angular 2, and 4 (like there is a big difference -- not). Angular Framework is a method of implementing Full Stack Development; this class uses the MVC development model to exemplify this (particular) implementation of JavaScript. NodeJS and npm and a bunch of provided compilers (TypeScript => JavaScript) help us understand the code. This course teaching reading code; there are no big projects in this course; the course jumps into the environment the first day. Along the way we spend time reviewing particular JavaScript principles that are needed to understand the code we study. Welcome Travis, Maria, Sumani, Daniel, Yi, and David.
james

postman utility from a job post off of craig's list on the first day

Post by james » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:02 pm

Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2018 12:44 AM
To: James Canavan <jcanavan2@verizon.net>
Subject: postman utility

Jim,

During the first class, the sample job listing you had on the board mentioned postman. I found out about it from Amazon during their one-day Alexa course last year. It is pretty good for sending structured JSON requests to to REST routines. I have only used it for calling php, but it has been a real time-saver.

https://www.getpostman.com/

thanks,
david
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 8/11/2018 2:18 AM, James Canavan wrote:
HI David,

Interesting. So, this is a way to have one's API documentation presented in an organized way?
Or, am I missing something? You used it to send JSON .... or rather it can be used to do that?

Interesting.... haven't heard of this one....

Thanks,

James Canavan
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim,

yes, it was used to send JSON requests.
In the example below, the JSON request data is pasted into the top window. Then I hit send to post the request to a php REST handler, and the output was returned in the bottom window (if the request was successful).
The HTTP return code/response code is in the green status line between the windows, along with the time it took.
The utility also appears to have documentation capabilities, but I haven't explored those features

( https://www.getpostman.com/docs/v6/post ... umentation )

david.png
david.png (56.44 KiB) Viewed 18 times

:roll: