Opinions on Dreamweaver?

scortes

Opinions on Dreamweaver?

Post by scortes » Fri May 25, 2018 9:29 pm

I'm in this class to take a course on Dreamweaver. If you know Dreamweaver - Is Dreamweaver worth knowing as a graphic designer? Is the whole program run/used strictly by using HTML?
I added a link to what Dreamweaver is about (from Adobe).
https://adobe.ly/2LqjWJr

james

Re: Opinions on Dreamweaver?

Post by james » Fri May 25, 2018 10:57 pm

Adobe Dreamweaver is totally cool. It's real easy and because it's an Adobe program it fits into all the other (more graphic) Adobe products. I use to use Dreamweaver many years ago and loved it; in fact, I have been meaning to TAKE the Dreamweaver course myself... so I might be in the class with you -- the instructor is very good.

Students that take HTML and CSS before they take Dreamweaver are way ahead of the learning curve ....

jfrancis2

Post by jfrancis2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:28 pm

To be honest, I haven't had to use DreamWeaver at all in my professional career...I know we are both designers...so, honestly, it may not be as crucial as you are thinking. Mostly all that I have seen being used is the trifecta of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and coding for the web like we are doing in class. It probably wouldn't hurt to learn DreamWeaver, but I haven't used it since college (2013). I think what's best for us designers would be to do the whole Web Developer program (that's what I am doing). It'll be something awesome to add the resume and will "hopefully" get you more money because you will not only be able to design the website, but code it as well and that is something not everyone can do! Hope this helps somehow

james

Post by james » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:29 pm

jfrancis2 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:28 pm
To be honest, ... I haven't used it since college (2013)......
Me Also! It's been awhile since I used Dreamweaver in a full web site; I got into using a Content Management System (wordpress is a content management system) for design and haven't looked back. But I miss it because it's so hands on; it's just one level above the syntax of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript -- but so much simpler! It's changed over the years and has gotten so much more powerful.

But I want to be encouraging; Dreamweaver is an awesome Adobe program; complex, yeah.... but very easy to learn; And fun also! It's fun because it's so powerful; in no time at all you can easily design custom fields, boxes, anything HTML and CSS, plus it works with all the cool add-ons, and plug-in technologies.

It's a great tool to learn after you get HTML down ... basically, it creates the HTML automatically; so knowing HTML before you take the class is a bit plus.

(my effort at being encouraging)

:shock: