Undefined Index Error - Passing PHP Form Data

On the server is an open software language that handles the HTTP requests and delivers both the static and dynamic code to be sent out to the client. PHP is super powerful server-side language with the greatest number of sites on the Internet.
campbes1898

Undefined Index Error - Passing PHP Form Data

Post by campbes1898 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:32 pm

I've just about wrapped up my web design project thanks to the help I got last weekend, but I've run into another error.

Edwin suggested I post it here so that others may see and possibly learn if they run into this same problem.

TASK: I need to create a PHP form using certain form elements (Text box, radio button, check box, drop down and submit button), then pass that information to another PHP page where it will be displayed.

Previously, I received an error, citing "undefined index error" in my form page. I resolved it however by using the "if(isset)" function. I could display my results in the same page as the PHP form with no error, but when I attempt passing the data to my display page, I get the undefined index error. I dont know what I'm doing wrong, so I'm hoping someone more experienced than myself can take a look and help me out. I'm looking at some other resources Edwin suggested in the mean time.

PHP files in this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15oKK5 ... uYRjVJ_yOv

I included my header and footer include pages and external css page in case the pages dont display properly.

Thanks,

Shaheed

admin
Site Admin

Re: Undefined Index Error - Passing PHP Form Data

Post by admin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:02 am

But there was a typo in appform.php -- no kidding; the residency name was mispelt as "resi".

Program looks good:

projects/april_14_2018/appform.php

cool.